HMIs were designed to facilitate effective use of time and human capital, but today's business world brings new challenges to conventional applications of HMI devices. As human innovation creates new opportunities for business and development, we must adapt the traditional to provide the technology needed to grow.
Discover a Revolutionary HMI
We strive to create new, more powerful equipment that inspires innovation and brings new users into the HMI market. The SP5000X, fit for eXtreme use, is a product of our extensive experience as professional HMI producers and our uncompromising passion to satisfy our clients’ diverse needs. The easy-to-use HMI is a safe, speedy, and reliable way of expanding business opportunities and adding new value to your company. Remote access allows for greater control of business operations in new environments. By exceeding all conventional standards, we have developed an HMI capable of being used in special purpose vehicles such as fire trucks and construction equipment; and parking lots and gas stations. We have also accounted for use in the oil and gas industry and ensured that the SP5000X conforms to basic explosion-proof standards.
Five of the SP5000X’s many unique characteristics that demonstrate its robustness and versatility.
- Our greatest task was to deliver a screen that would be bright and clear even when exposed to sunlight. To accomplish this, we equipped the SP5000X with a high-brightness liquid crystal panel display that has been processed to maintain brightness and treated the surface of the screen to reduce glare from sunlight.
- We have applied extensive UV protection to guarantee the longevity of the product. All of the exposed plastic components have been upgraded with UV resistant metals and glass. The liquid crystal and touch screen components are made with materials that cut UV rays by 99%. The surface cover is built to prevent peeling.
- From the arctic tundra to boiling deserts, the SP5000X is equipped to withstand the environments of any geographical region and is dust and waterproof. We put specific attention on ensuring that the product could endure wide temperatures, in particular, extreme cold to meet our clients’ needs. The product can withstand these extreme environments because of the sophisticated coating on the substrate, power source, and liquid crystal components.
- Keeping in mind the use of construction equipment, we created a product with vibration resistance that is two times stronger and shock resistance that is 2.7 times stronger than traditional indoor HMI ranges. We did not apply the standard shock and vibration tests but rather ensured that our product conformed to the specifications required for vehicle-mounted devices. Furthermore, all cables and power source connections are fixed to prevent them from disconnecting due to shocks or vibrations.
- Accounting for use in special vehicles, it is compatible with a wide range of power supply environments from DC12V to 24V. Unlike other engine powered equipment such as special vehicles and generators which tend to be affected by voltage drops when turning the engine on and off, this device is designed to operate smoothly at all times.
Inspire Innovation, Transform the World
To prove that our product can withstand outdoor use, we have obtained certification of reliability and achievement from a third-party institution, UL. This is the first HMI in Japan to be authorized for outdoor use. We were able to eliminate risks for our customers by providing an HMI that is covered under warranty even if used outdoors. Our knowledge and experience in the HMI market, paired with global clients and employees, allowed us to confidently create a product that contributes to society in meaningful ways. To create a device that is sunlight readable, operable in extreme cold, resistant to UV rays, and optimal for outdoor use, we revisited the structure and materials over and over until we finally arrived at the outcome we were searching for, the SP5000X Series. Join us in inspiring innovation and see how the SP5000X's endless applications can transform your business and the world around you.By Masayuki Sakamoto (HMI Marketing)