Osaka, Japan - October 17, 2014 - Pro-face, the global leader in Human Machine Interface (HMI) and factory data communication solutions, is pleased to announce that it will begin taking orders for an optional 128GB solid state drive (SSD) unit for the PS4600 Series industrial computer from October 15, 2014.The PS4600 Series is an industrial computer with interfaces, storage media, and a CPU enabling high-speed processing that belies its compact 12-inch size. Pro-face already offers a 60GB SSD unit that can be paired with the PS4600 Series to meet the need for a product that allows data to be used in environments with high ambient temperatures and on worksites where equipment is subject to vibration and shocks.
Recently, there has been an increasing need for technologies that will allow manufacturers to leverage data to improve efficiency on the production worksite. With this latest release, Pro-face has responded to requests for a larger-capacity SSD by providing customers with the choice of a 128GB SSD unit in addition to its existing 60GB SSD unit.
The new product meets the need for a method of utilizing large volumes of data in demanding production worksites.
Thanks to Pro-face's built-to-order production system, the PS4600 Series is available in different configurations to suit the needs of the customer, with users able to select a bezel (aluminum) or bezel-less (Rear-mount) model; number of expansion slots; type of OS, CPU, storage media, and more.
By adding a bezel-less model that can be mounted from the rear of an equipment control panel (Rear-mount) model to meet the increasing need for design-conscious equipment in the industrial world, Pro-face has received favorable reviews for providing a mounting method that matches industry needs in terms of equipment appearance and overall control panel design.
Based on our corporate slogan, Pro-face for the best interface, Pro-face aims to develop products that act as the best interface and can be connected to industrial machinery in a variety of production worksites.
PS4600 bezel (aluminum) model
PS4600 bezel-less (Rear-mount) model
Product Features of PS4600 Series
- 12-inch size industrial computer with high-spec performance. (Available with a Core™ i3 CPU, CFast storage, USB 3.0 USB ports, and 8x PCI Express expansion ports.)
- Choice of PS4600 bezel (aluminum) model or bezel-less (Rear-mount) model.
- Operating ambient temperature range of 0°C to 50°C. SSD and CFast do not require a fan, unlike HDD models. FAN kit is required when operating.
- Built-to-order production system allows products to be shipped with performance optimally matched to the needs of the customer.
- Compliant with a variety of international standards.
For contact information, please refer to the "Inquiry" page.