OverviewSchneider Electric is aware of a vulnerability in the Pro-face GP-Pro EX Programming Software product.
Affected Product(s)GP-Pro EX V1.00 to V4.09.100
CVE ID: CVE-2020-7492
CVSS v3.0 Base Score 5.5 | Medium | CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N A CWE-521: Weak Password Requirements vulnerability exists which could cause the discovery of the password when the user is entering the password because it is not masqueraded.
This vulnerability is fixed in version GP-Pro EX V4.09.120 and is available for download below:
The Pro-face GP-Pro EX Programming Software is an HMI Development Software that supports Dedicated and Open HMI (PC-based) solutions.
Product Category - All Categories
Learn more about Pro-Face product categories here:
How to determine if you are affected:
All users of GP-Pro EX software.
General Security RecommendationsWe strongly recommend following industry cybersecurity best practices such as:
- Locate control and safety system networks and remote devices behind firewalls and isolate them from the business network.
- Install physical controls so no unauthorized personnel can access your industrial control and safety systems, components, peripheral equipment, and networks.
- Place all controllers in locked cabinets and never leave them in the “Program” mode.
- Never connect programming software to any network other than the network for the devices that it is intended for.
- Scan all methods of mobile data exchange with the isolated network such as CDs, USB drives, etc. before use in the terminals or any node connected to these networks.
- Never allow laptops that have connected to any other network besides the intended network to connect to the safety or control networks without proper sanitation.
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and systems, and ensure that they are not accessible from the Internet.
- When remote access is required, use secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). Recognize that VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available. Also, understand that VPNs are only as secure as the connected devices.
Schneider Electric recognizes the following researcher(s) for identifying and helping to coordinate a response to this vulnerability:
For more information
This document provides an overview of the identified vulnerability or vulnerabilities and actions required to mitigate. For more details and assistance on how to protect your installation, please contact your local Schneider Electric representative and/or Schneider Electric Industrial Cybersecurity Services. These organizations will be fully aware of this situation and can support you through the process.https://www.se.com/us/en/all-products
THIS DOCUMENT IS INTENDED TO HELP PROVIDE AN OVERVIEW OF THE IDENTIFIED SITUATION AND SUGGESTED MITIGATION ACTIONS, REMEDIATION, FIX, AND/OR GENERAL SECURITY RECOMMENDATIONS AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE USE OF THIS NOTIFICATION, INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, OR MATERIALS LINKED TO IT ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO UPDATE OR CHANGE THIS NOTIFICATION AT ANY TIME AND IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
About Schneider Electric
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.www.se.com
|Kirill Kruglov (Kaspersky Lab)